So I am trying to blog more frequently now. It's working out pretty well I think, this will be my second one in a week. What has been going on the past few days? Some preparation for my new job! A word of advice, if you are wondering about something, but you only need to mainly hear the positive about it, then don't google it. I typed in various "tips for emergency room new grads" and got some interesting topics but also some scary ones!
This week was my last week at the grocery store I have worked at for eight years. So bittersweet! I have made so many life-changing memories and met many, many, people who have affected my life. Now that I am looking back, I am thankful I kept the same, steady job for 8 years. It helped me get me several job interviews.
Something cool I did today. Read Genesis..the best book ever. My Sunday school class is studying about the new and old covenant so I decided this morning that I wanted to re-read Genesis in depth. I am around chapter 30 right now and cannot wait to get back into it! So much I had forgotten that I had taken for granted I already knew. Abraham's faith never ceases to amaze me! Seriously, that man did whatever God told him to do, no matter what the cost...he was willing to sacrifice his own son, Issac! How crazy is that? It is all things I have heard over and over growing up, but when you sit down and think about it... that is some major faith! So my goal? To have faith like Abraham. I know I will never be as faithful as Abraham but I want to try my hardest. And Sarah? Sarah actually laughed at God when he sent word that she was to bear a child at her age. I think about it and it seems so shocking that someone would laugh at something God tells them, but in an indirect way, that's basically what we do everyday. We want to ask God for something but think that it seems impossible and end up not even asking for it because we think God won't/can't do it for us. But he can! And if it's in his will for us, he will.
That's what I had on my mind today...I've been listening to Ingrid Michaelson tonight and she can always put me in a blogging mood. Love her! Until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment